The Award Secretariat is responsible for the application and award management, in collaboration and coordination with the European Commission and the International Trade Centre. The Secretariat is a technical/communications agency that promotes the event and communicates with interested parties preceding and following the Call for Applications. The tasks of the Award Secretariat include:
- Generating greater awareness about the Award and ensuring a good number of applications;
- Providing day-to-day support for the implementation of the Award. This will include working with the Award winner;
- Implementing and overseeing the application and selection process;
- Organising the Award ceremony;
- Producing project reports and overall reporting to the International Trade Centre and the European Commission.